The Mission of Bristol Black Carers is to improve the status of and support provision and advocacy necessary to enhance the quality of life of Black and Minority Ethnic Carers in the Bristol Area.
- To empower and represent Carers, to ensure their voice is heard and their views and needs are acted upon.
- To treat Carers with respect and sensitivity in a culturally appropriate manner. Confidentiality is to be maintained at all times.
- To provide Carers with up to date, relevant information in appropriate formats and languages
- To work in partnership with voluntary and statutory organisations in order to develop, strengthen and create relationships that will support the needs of Black Carers
- To raise awareness of the necessity of health promotion and prevention among Black and Minority Ethnic Carers
- To provide a service for Young Black Carers under the age of 18 years
- To act as a resource base for training and education on Black Carers issues for Carers and external organisations alike.